- The main window of the home page includes when the next GA is as well as other miscellaneous Occupy news & content. You can comment on these posts by clicking “comments” underneath each post.
The sidebar appears on the right-hand side of every page. It includes:
- The ability to login or create an account.*
- Upcoming Occupy Queens events (the GA, working group meetings, actions).
- A link to donate to help support our rent, printing and other expenses.
- Our five most recent tweets – find us on Twitter @OccupyQueens.
- Above the sidebar, there is a search bar.
Additionally, at the very top-left corner of every page there is a “My Account” drop-down menu with a variety of self-explanatory options.
- Creating an account is highly recommended. Without an account, you cannot participate in the “groups” or “forums” (see menu across top of every page). It will also allow you to comment on home page posts without filling out any information.
- Once you have created an account, you can edit your settings (name, password, email) or add a picture. To do this, click your user name in the sidebar or select “My Account” in the top-left corner of the site and select “Profile.”
- Declaration of OWS – this does not necessarily reflect Occupy Queens’ view, as each GA is autonomous.
- GA Guide – Some information about the direct democracy process known as a general assembly.
- Minutes – Download minutes to the GAs. [Still being updated.]
- OWS FAQ – Frequently asked questions about OWS.
- Principles of Solidarity of OWS – this does not necessarily reflect Occupy Queens’ view, as each GA is autonomous.
- Why Join Us? – Some of the issues which have inspired us to adopt direct action and direct democracy. This list is not exhaustive.
- To be redesigned soon.
Proposals [Under Construction]
- Will soon be updated to reflect any submitted proposals to afford everyone the opportunity to review the proposals prior to the GA. This is highly recommended to improve the efficiency of our limited time together.